Pam Spaulding passes on the Onion-like news that Sen. Liddy Dole wants to rename a bill to reauthorize AIDS treatment funding in honor of Jesse Helms. Dole wants to call the legislation "The Tom Lantos, Henry J. Hyde and Jesse Helms United States Global Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Reauthorization Act of 2008."
Other forthcoming Dole-sponsored legislation no doubt includes:
- The Henry Hyde Women's Reproductive Health Safety Act
- The Dick Cheney Detainee Treatment Reform Act
- The Ted Stevens Honesty in Government Act
- The George W. Bush Iraq Withdrawal Act
- The Don Young Pork Reduction Act
- The Trent Lott Racial Equality Act
- The Nancy Pelosi Communications Privacy Act
- The John McCain Internet Training and Education Act
- The Alberto Gonzales Justice Department Reorganization Act
- The Larry Craig and David Vitter Marriage Protection Act (Oh, wait...)
You need to be logged in to comment.
(If there's one thing we know about comment trolls, it's that they're lazy)