Special all Clinton round:
- Former Bush-Cheney '04 webmaster and RNC e-Campaign Director Patrick Ruffini starts a Facebook group "Official Petition Against Hillary Clinton "They Look Like Facebook" Insult," responding to Mark Penn's assertion that Barack Obama's supporters "look like Facebook." Mike Turk, former e-Campaign Director for Bush-Cheney '04 and a friend of Ruffini's, posts the link; they get 389 supporters in less than 24 hours. Still unanswered question: Is this all in good fun or are the dynamic duo working for a new G.O.P. client?
- Ruffini also pens an interesting take on how Bill Clinton's presidency might have gone had there been blogs back in the day, asserting that the new media world would have hurt him because it rewards "the politician who is clear, direct, and succinct, whose words make sense in 12-point Times New Roman."
- The other Clinton, the Senator, is holding on to her Iowa and New Hampshire leads, reports Time's "The Page."
- Meanwhile, via Crowley, her people warn Wolf Blitzer not to "pull a Russert" during the Democratic debate in Las Vegas on Thursday, adding a new phrase to the lexicon. (Yes, there is another debate.)
- And only 25 percent of the public thinks her competitors were "piling on" in the last debate, according to a new Rasmussen Reports survey.
- Finally, Joel Achenbach has a fun take on Kathleen Willey's new book and the scandal-ridden Clinton past, which keeps popping up again, concluding: "It's like toxic waste. It isn't biodegradable. The only way for the American public to get rid of it permanently is to bury it at Yucca Mountain."
You need to be logged in to comment.
(If there's one thing we know about comment trolls, it's that they're lazy)